Welcome to the landofroses.co.uk website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website. View terms and conditions relating to International delivery, before you place an order; if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service by e-mail, between 10am-6pm (Mon-Sat). Please note that all calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary). Inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the Special Conditions; "Product" means a product displayed for sale on the Website; "Product Description" means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided; "Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Product Description; "Users" means the users of the Website collectively; "Personal Information" means the details provided by you on registration; "We/us" means "M & C Wellbeing Ltd." (our legal name) or "Land of Roses" (our trading name); "Website" means the website located at www.landofroses.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; "Cookies" means small text files which our Website places on your computer's hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer; "United Kingdom" means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and "You" means a user of this Website.
Use of the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting our team by e-mail between 10am-6pm (Mon-Sat).
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our partners, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
These are based on your past purchases, top sellers, ratings and recently-viewed products. We determine your interests and suggest new products you may like; additionally we compare your interests and buying habits with the interests and habits of other customers, to show you relevant products.
Your recommendations may change when you make a purchase and move around the site. You might like to add products that interest you to your wish list for future reference.
We take reasonable care to ensure our recommendations are in line with your behaviour as a customer on landofroses.co.uk. Details of the products we recommend - such as price - are correct at the time recommendations are originally made to you, but can be subject to change without notice.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection (GDPR 2018) and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service, or be used to present you with Land of Roses products, which are relevant to your browsing history when you visit other websites.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us and any User Information, from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you by email of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
When you create a customer account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from M & C Wellbeing Ltd. by e-mail about products, promotions or special offers, which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by clicking on the link, provided in your promotional e-mail, by e-mailing us at email@example.com between 10am-6pm (Mon-Sat).
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to reputable third parties who will help process your order. Land of Roses requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection (GDPR 2018) and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the M & C Wellbeing Ltd. for mailing or marketing purposes.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window - please note that we're not responsible for the content of external websites).
This is the information, which we never save in any written form or electronic device: your password and your credit/debit card details (the long number on your card, expiry date, CV2, 3D password). You should never disclose your password to anyone and we will never ask for it. If you receive such a request, it does not come from us. When you pay for your order online, you are taken to a secure payment gateway server (Paymentsense), where you enter all your card information. We do not keep this information, we do not save it or disclose it to anyone. When you are paying over the phone, we only take your card details in order to process your payment, but we never save these details in any form, or on any device.
Purchase of products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Find out more about our Refund policy, which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the Confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered.
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
- For most products sent directly from our warehouse, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by landofroses.co.uk. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with landofroses.co.uk, please write to us at: Land of Roses, 3 Wychwood close, Seaview, Isle of Wight, PO34 5JD, UK
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
• You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
• Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
• If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. Each product must be undamaged in any way, in its original package, including the outer plastic package (if present) and without any signs of usage.
• To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
• You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to: Land of Roses, 3 Wychwood close, Seaview, Isle of Wight, PO34 5JD, UK
• If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery). We will only refund return postage costs in case we sent the wrong item, the item is faulty, damaged, or not as described. If the item is simply unwanted, or you don't like any features of the item - appearance, smell or package, you will be responsible for return postage costs. The smell of the products may be very subjective. The fragrance of each product is described on the website according to its main ingredient/s, which is considered the most accurate possible description. If your subjective perception of the smell is different, or you don't like the smell, this means the product is simply unwanted (rather than "not as described") and you are responsible for return postage costs.
• We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Please see our full Delivery & Returns policy for further details.
Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Order acceptance policy. The smell of the products may be very subjective - it is described on the website according to the main ingredient/s of the product, which is considered the most accurate possible description. If your subjective perception of the smell is different, or you don't like the smell, this doesn't mean the product is "not as described". The term "No artificial fragrance", mentioned in the description of the products, reflects the perception of the smell - it means the smell is perceived as natural. This description does not concern the ingredients of the product.
Please note that many of the products are regularly upgraded and improved by the manufacturers. This means a product with the same name might be changed over time. The changes may include: the appearance of the product, packaging, ingredients, smell, consistency and effects. If you have purchased the same product in the past, it is your responsibility to check the current picture, description, active ingredients and how to use section on the website at the moment of purchase. We reserve the right to sell the new improved versions of the products, without notification.
Land of Roses gift vouchers and promotional discounts
- You can exchange Land of Roses gift vouchers for goods in the Land of Roses shop, and use them to purchase goods online at landofroses.co.uk.
- You may not use Gift vouchers for photo printing or software downloads on landofroses.co.uk.
- You cannot exchange gift vouchers for cash.
- If the goods purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, any difference will be lost.
- When you redeem gift vouchers online for products available via landofroses.co.uk, you will be required to give the serial number of the voucher.
- If you have to return goods you have purchased online using gift voucher/s, then in most instances we will give you another voucher for the same amount. You cannot receive any funds in cash or by credit/debit card in exchange for returned goods, purchased by a gift voucher. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Coupons, discounts and promotional discount codes offered by landofroses.co.uk are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via landofroses.co.uk, unless otherwise stated. Such promotional discounts are not valid for use as part of a purchase in the Land of Roses shop, or for telephone orders.
Regular prize draw
1. The opening and closing dates of each prize draw will be 00:01am on the 1st of the month to 11:59pm on the last day of the month ("Draw Period").
2. Purchases made by a member via an online transaction will be counted for the purposes of the prize draws if the member is logged into their online Land of Roses account. "Participating Stores" are all purchases made via landofroses.co.uk. “Qualifying Items” are any products or services purchased from Land of Roses.
3. Unless otherwise stated, there will be one winner per Participating Store and one winner Online per Draw Period who will win a prize for purchasing products in that Draw Period in the Participating Stores ( “Store Prize”). We reserve the right to reclaim any Store Prize where a customer has received a refund in respect of the Qualifying Item. Customers may only win the Store Prize once in any Draw Period.
4. Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by computer or an independent person 3 working days after the closing date, which is 23:59 on the last day of each Draw Period (“Prize Draw Date”). Each winner will be contacted by telephone, post or email within 7 days of the Prize Draw closing, and be sent their prize by post no later than 14 days after the Prize Draw Date. If a winner for a Prize Draw cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 7 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries for the applicable Participating Store for that Draw Period.
5. There is no cash alternative to the Store Prize. We reserve the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable. The result of the Prize Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. The name and county of each winner will be available on request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Land of Roses, 3 Wychwood close, Seaview, Isle of Wight, PO34 5JD, UK and may be posted online.
6. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these rules at any time without prior notice, with no liability to any entrants.
7. We can accept no responsibility for entries, which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever, and will reject entries submitted by any other means.
Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. M & C Wellbeing Ltd. is only a retailer and distributor of all the products, available in our shop and on the Website landofroses.co.uk and we will not be responsible or liable for any contents, ingredients or fragrances of these products, or for any allergies and other kinds of skin reactions, which might be related to the products. Any cosmetic product may cause a skin reaction and Land of Roses will not be liable for any claims, arising from the usage of the products. M & C Wellbeing Ltd. provides samples and testers for all the products available in the Land of Roses shop and it is your responsibility to try them, before you purchase them, if you are afraid they may cause an allergic reaction. The producers of all the products, available in our shop and on the Website landofroses.co.uk take full responsibility for the content and the ingredients of the products. It is also your responsibility to read the label of the product and to use it only in accordance with the instructions how to use the product, specified on this label. These instructions are also described on our website under the tab "how to use" in every product description page. M & C Wellbeing Ltd. won't be responsible for any damage, skin reaction or problem of any kind, caused by usage of the product, different than the one specified under the "how to use" tab and the label of the product. M & C Wellbeing Ltd. will not be liable for any claims regarding the smell of the product. The smell of each product is described according to its main ingredient, which is the most accurate possible description of the fragrance. The description of the smell may be very subjective and M & C Wellbeing Ltd. will not be liable for any claims, in case your subjective perception of the smell differs from our description, based on the main ingredients of the product. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Land of Roses and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email, or post to Land of Roses, 3 Wychwood close, Seaview, Isle of Wight, PO34 5JD, UK
Shopping safely on landofroses.co.uk
We hope you enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping on landofroses.co.uk. Your confidence in our website and your internet security is really important to us, so we’ve put together some advice to help keep you safe when you shop.
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk. Multiple passwords keep you safer.
When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that’s very personal to you. Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but do avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
It’s a good idea to change your passwords on a regular basis, especially for sites you use frequently and which involve financial transactions.
If you ever get a request to reveal your password for an online site, don’t respond as legitimate sites and services won’t ask you to send them passwords via email. You may be tempted to share passwords with close family, but do keep in mind there’s always a risk they could pass information on inadvertently or share it with someone else.
You can re-set your password on landofroses.co.uk at any time by signing into your account and choosing the Change your password option. If you've forgotten your password, just enter your email address on the 'Forgotten your password' page, and we'll email you your password information. Then simply follow the instructions in the email to change your password.
It’s a good idea at this point to change your password to something that’s as secure as possible. If you decide to change your landofroses.co.uk account password, or if we prompt you to do so, we'll ask you to set one with no fewer than 6 characters.
Keep yourself safe from malware and viruses with adequate, up to date security on your computer. You can usually download free basic protection from providers such as AVG and McAffee. Keep your software switched on and up to date, and make sure that your Windows operating system has the latest Microsoft updates. It’s a good idea to run regular scans on your computer.
When you’re opening emails, be careful. Don’t click on links to download files or open attachments you haven’t asked for, or aren’t expecting, as they may contain viruses.
Back up all your files so they’re available if the worst happens and your computer is infected by a virus.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, shipping/billing address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Land of Roses complies fully with all applicable Data Protection (GDPR 2018) and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal and PaymentSense) handle your credit card. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
Customer contact promise
We’d love you to be among the first to receive exciting offers and news about our products and services. We do this by email, but only if you would like us to. Don’t forget to visit us online, in-store and via social media for other special offers.
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you’re always in control of what we do with your personal information.
This is our simple customer contact promise:
- We’ll never pass your personal details to anyone outside M & C Wellbeing Ltd. for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- We’ll only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer. That means things like:
- Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your products
- News to help you make informed choices in the things you buy
- Details of new products and services
- Special offers
- Or simply, to get your feedback
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us.
- You can opt out at any time. All you need to do is change your Promotional Preferences in My Account. But remember, if you do ‘opt out’ of receiving this information you could miss out on offers and news.
- We’ll always comply with the GDPR and all other relevant legislation.
Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch.
Your transaction security
landofroses.co.uk is secure
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. landofroses.co.uk maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the www.landofroses.co.uk in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
To give you even more confidence in shopping online with landofroses.co.uk, our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.
Once you've registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted automatically at checkout to provide this password each time you make a purchase.
Please note: Your Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™ password is different from your landofroses.co.uk account password. We don't have access to card issuer passwords.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user, in an attempt to get the user to send private information that will be used for identity theft and fraud.
We'll never ask you to send any personal details via email. If we require such details, for security reasons we'll ask you to contact us by phone. Should you receive an email claiming to be from landofroses.co.uk requesting this kind of information, please don’t respond, but do let us know about it.
Please note, that by placing an order, you agree to our Terms and Conditions, including our Delivery & Returns Policy. If you do not agree with any of this, you must stop using the website.