Land of Roses is proud to announce that we now offer international delivery to approximately 120 countries worldwide.
What do you need to know if you are an international customer:
1. Do you ship to my country?
- We ship to most countries in the world. When you add your products to your shopping bag and continue to checkout you will be able to enter your billing and shipping address and choose your destination country from a list of 120 countries.
2. Which products do you ship internationally?
- You can order everything from our website, except for Perfumes. All perfumes are prohibited for International shipping and we are not able to deliver them to you, in case you live outside the UK. If you order a perfume from our website and you provide an international shipping address, we will cancel your order and issue a refund. You can see all items NOT available for international shipping here: Perfumes
All the rest of our products are available for International shipping.
3. What is the cost of shipping?
- The cost of shipping depends entirely of the weight of your parcel (how many items you order, how big and heavy they are). Once you add all the items you wish to buy to your shopping bag, continue to checkout and enter your shipping address, the cost of delivery will automatically be calculated for your order and destination country. You can add and remove items and the delivery cost will be adjusted.
4. What is the method of shipping?
- We use Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed. It is very secure and reliable method of shipping and usually takes 3-7 working days, depending on your country.
5. How can I pay?
- We accept all major debit and credit cards (Maesto, Mastercard, Visa) and Paypal.
IMPORTANT!!! When paying by debit/credit card, it is very important to enter your billing address correctly. The billing address is where your card was registered and it has to match the records of your bank (which issued the card), or your payment may be declined. The billing address may be different from the shipping address. The shipping address is where you would like your order to be delivered.
Paypal is the safest and the easiest method of payment, especially for international customers. You can pay by Paypal either as a registered customer, or as a guest. When you register with Paypal you have to give you card information only once and it will be stored securely by Paypal, so every time you order, you only have to log in to your Paypal account and payment is made very easily with just a few clicks. When you pay as a guest, you have to give your card information every time you place an order via Paypal. We definitely recommend Paypal for all international payments as the easiest and most secure way to pay. This guarantees that you do not enter your card information on any website, except for Paypal, and there is no way that your card will be declined, once it is registered with them.
6. Why is my card declined?
- There are several most common reasons why your card may be declined, if you are an international customer:
- You have not entered your billing address correctly. The billing address is where your card was registered and it has to match the records of your bank (which issued the card), or your payment may be declined. The billing address may be different from the shipping address. The shipping address is where you would like your order to be delivered.
- You have not entered the CV2 correctly. CV2 are the last three digits at the back of your card (the secure number of your card). This is also a very common mistake, which leads to invalid payment.
- You have not entered your 3D secure check correctly. The 3D secure check is not obligatory, so not every card has it, but if you have one, this means that your card is protected by a password and on the last step of the payment process you will be prompted to enter 3 random symbols of your password (for example the 3rd, the 5th and the 8th symbol of the password). Make sure you enter them correctly, or your payment will be unsuccessful.
- Sometimes a card may be declined just because you are ordering from a website, which is in a different country from your own, especially if this is the first time you buy. This does not mean that there is something wrong with the website, or with your card, but some banks stop these payments, because they think it might be a fraud and somebody from a different country is trying to use your card. Unfortunately, we are unable to do anything in that case to resolve the issue and you have to contact your bank to authorise the payment. Just explain to them that is not a fraud, but a genuine payment, made by yourself. This is another reason why we recommend Paypal as preferred method of international payments.
- Another reason for transaction failure is insufficient funds in your debit card.